2006/4/12, Graeme Geldenhuys <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> On 12/04/06, Alexandre Leclerc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Question like that: how does compare reportlivre with lazreport and
> > reportman?
> >
> > (I would like so much to see reportman integrated to laz, it is very
> > complete. I never tried others. But I don't know if it is possible
> > with reportman to do simple report like QuickReport where you can plug
> > the data live by source code with no dataset.)
> >
> > Regards.
>

> If I understand you last statement correctly:  Can you create reports
> in ReportMan without using datasets?    Yes you can.  I created a lot
> of complicated reports directly from my Business Objects, without
> using any datasets (I integrate my apps to a database using the tiOPF
> framework).

Great, this is answering my question.

Unfortunately I want to use PostgreSQL database but I'm finding very
few tools for that. tiOPF, if I understand right the doc, does not
support PostgreSQL natively. TPQConnection is not supporting client
side format (LATIN1, etc.) and Zeos I did not test, but heard that it
is generalist and does not support specific psql stuff to
change/modify/create table/schema/indexes/etc. I have a lot of R&D to
do on that.

I would like to start a huge project with laz, but the core features I
require are not mature or hard to integrate (this is my perception,
could be different for others.) I tested a simple dbGrid with
tpqconnection and it crashed when playing with the scrollbars (I've
submitted bug report). But it does not give you confidence to develop
a core system that needs to be bullet proof when a simple test with a
simple component fails. I'm confident for the future, but for now, it
is hard to convince my boss.

Ideally I would like to use very stable tools for very important core
systems with:
Object Pascal (Lazarus), Pascal Script, Report Manager, PostgreSQL
(Zeos? TPQConnection?), a good TCP/IP/POP3/SMTP component (indy?).

Welll, I had to say all that to someone! ;) -- I should have stard a
new thread :)

Regards and thanks for the note on ReportMan.

--
Alexandre Leclerc