Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
On 4/17/06, Juan Miguel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello I'm a delphi programmer and I'm new in Lazarus. I use Lazarus
0.9.15 on WinXp, and I figure out that the compiled projects are huge in
comparison with delphi.

This is a FAQ:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/Lazarus_Faq#Why_are_the_generated_binaries_so_big.3F

There is more advanced information about smartlinking here:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/File_size_and_smartlinking

I use Zeos DB components, and when I create a form, with a Dataset, a
DBConnection, a Query and a Grid, the executeble grows to 32 MB aprox.

What Free Pascal version do you have? You probably should use the
stable release 2.0.2

Be careful that the snapshot uses the unstable 2.1.1 Free Pascal.

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho

Does the current lazarus snapshot contain the internal linker?