On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Roland Turcan - RoTurSoft wrote:

Hello all!

I have just got one simple question.

Why is Lazarus so slow. My computer contains AMD 64 3000+ 1GB RAM SATA 250GB, I think, problem is not in my computer. I am used to working in Delphi 5 and Delphi 7, but they are much faster. Just compilation of very small "hello world" takes a long time. I cannot imagine, that software I am working on will take minutes to build it.

Is it depending on settings, or I need agree with this speed.

Linking is slow. This is an issue of the GNU ld linker, which is not
controlled by Lazarus or FPC. Compilation is fast, linking is slow.

Michael.