Florian Klaempfl wrote:
Alain Michaud wrote:
Ok, then  what about that score:

"hello world"    1 %
          GTK   98 %
          GTK2  90 %
          Win32 99 %
          QT    10 %

Yes, forgot to say in the other mail, but these numbers are about right; although I think gtk2 is not that far yet (90%), as the lazarus IDE does not run on gtk2 AFAIK. Some painting things are also very slow, which needs to be improved. We don't have a 'dedicated' gtk2 developer at this point, although some submit a patch now and then.

Right now Laz/linux comes with GTK by default. I supose that we will do
a transition to GTK2 (or QT) at some point. Are we? When and how is that
going to hapen?

Yes, we will transition to gtk2 at some point, but only after 1.0. Now as to the question when 1.0 will arrive, I can't really say: bugs are being reported like mad, some of them blocking 1.0, others not.

This is just a naive question in order to understand better what is
going on. I like GTK very much but I know that it is being replaced by
GTK2 also that QT is very good. I am just  a simple user and I will use

I don't think that lazarus will ever use Qt by default because it requires a
separate license (rather expensive) if you development non GPL applications.

Not necessarily, we could distribute a Qt Lazarus for KDE oriented distros, but that builds gtk, gtk2, or qt apps, whatever you want. There is no requirement that the widgetset lazarus is built with equals the one you use to build apps with.

Micha