> Another question: does the current win32 lazarus snapshot already
> contain the internal linker (compiling time 2.34 sec.)?

Can't answer your question, but I noticed that the compilation time includes
linking time
so it should really be called "compiled and linked in X.X seconds" since we do
like to
distinguish between linking and compiling in FPC's case (but in Delphi's case
50 percent
of the users probably wouldn't know what a linker is, so..)