Micha Nelissen wrote:
On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 22:28:54 +0100
Ian bell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

1. I am connecting to an external microcontoller development board by a serial interface. I need to be able to set this interface non blocking. I can see how to open the serial interface using the serial unit but it is not clear how to set it non blocking.

Using BaseUnix, and fpfcntl (which is fcntl in unix) perhaps ?

I think I concluded that myself after some tracing through the source code. I can only find baseunix.ppu which is not plain text - is there some utility to view this?

2. I need to respond to the occurence of input on the serial port. This is trivial in Tcl - fileevent FileDescriptor FunctionName - how do I achieve this in fpc?

Try http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/Main_Loop_Hooks.

I suspected as much; thanks for the confirmation.

Ian