Mattias Gaertner wrote:
On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 22:13:53 +0100
Ian bell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am trying to set up an event handler to be triggered by data appearing at a serial port by using AddEventHandler in LCLIntf. One of the paramters I need to pass is the procedure that is the event handler to be called. This is declared in AddEventHandler as AEventHandler: TWaitHandleEvent; and TWaitHandleEvent is declared as:
TWaitHandleEvent = procedure(AData: PtrInt; AFlags: dword) of object;
So I have my procedure
procedure MyEventHandler(AData: PtrInt; AFlags: dWord); declared and defined. How do I pass it to AddEvent Handler. If I just pass its name I get a too many arguments error.

@MyEventHandle

Closer. Now I get this error:

unit1.pas(200,69) Error: Incompatible type for arg no. 3: Got "<address of procedure(LongInt, LongWord);Register>", expected "<procedure variable type of procedure(LongInt, LongWord) of object;Register>"

Ian