On 4/24/06, Mattias Gaertner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
(...)
> - keyboard: This is not an unicode problem, but it relates: synedit does not
> translate special language keys. E.g. french accents.

Isn't this a LCL bug/limitation? Win32 just sends WM_CHAR when the
composition is finished, but LCL (at least in GTK) sends WM_CHAR even
for dead keys. I played a bit with this LCL code and GTK api without
much success, and I basically didn't touch thr PC for the last couple
of weeks :-/
And of course SynEdit needs UTF-8 handling... Supporting it in the
editor itself shouldn't be much difficult since it already supports
MBCS, but I guess the highlighters will be a bit more work if not
troublesome.

Cheers,
Flávio