> Separate tool, It's better it's development at start.
>
> You may added to Lazarus IDE later, or create a "lite version".

I think it's better that it is a separate program. No need to be added
to the IDE later. We can add a menu item to launch it from the IDE. If
we add all helper tools to the IDE it will soon become huge and hard
to maintain.

> It would be nice if backend of the resource tool also supports
> reading/writting different formats like RC, RES, COFF, ELF (fpc-specific)
> resouces. This way we don't depend anymore on windres from binutils.

In this case it may be useful to have 2 separete executables. One is
the graphical tool to edit things, and another is a non-graphical tool
to build resources.

They need to be separete so we can use the resource build just like
windres from the command line on non-graphical environments.

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho