I think wince disscussion are very important for lazarus,as it can become the only development tool in this field which is a real rad tool. Currently the only alternative is evc3 for 2002 oses,evc4 and visual studio 4 for higher versions.Or bds 2005/bds 2006 for .netcf If not choosing .net(.net compact),in win32 or native code,you have lots of difficulties to program any good ui.