On Thu, 11 May 2006, Marco Ciampa wrote:

On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 11:08:15AM +0200, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

On Thu, 11 May 2006, Marco Ciampa wrote:

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 10:41:22AM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:
So, the file format must be an "Open Standard".
Definitely!

Comments
--------

Please feel free to add any missing requirement.

Source file must be thought to be easy for nationalization (i. e. use
.po files in the source).

po is not suitable for translation of documentation.

translations should be done completely separate.

Seems that both kde & gnome folks do not know that what they are doing
is not possible :-)

http://l10n.kde.org/docs/translation-howto//doc-translation.html#doc-conversion

so po2xml tool what is for about?

I didn't say 'possible', I said 'suitable'.

Looking at the website:

I think the po2xml is just used to translate the program strings which appear
in the
docs (used to refer to button captions etc), not for the actual documentation
text.

Changing 1 letter in the documentation text would completely kill your po2xml
output, since it is based on textual search.

Michael.