Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> "Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On 5/14/06, Al Boldi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > A RAD/IDE should not lock itself into one language only, but should
> > > rather strive to be compiler/language independent.  Implementing this
> > > with the FPC would probably be proof enough that Pascal isn't dead.
> >
> > You would need to do like Borland did and add extensions to c++ so it
> > can support those pascal features, and this means either extending a
> > c++ compiler or creating a new one! The same for most other languages.
> > This is necessare so you can link pascal .o files together with c++ .o
> > files and make the c++ code able to understand the pascal functions /
> > methods and call them.
>
> The IDE is not only form designing.
> Many people would like to use one IDE for all of their source - pascal
> GUIs, php/html/js webpages, c++ tools/libs, perl/python/bash scripts ...
> We have already syntax highlighers for all of them. A plugin for code
> formatters and parsing tools could be useful. Although I have other
> priorities at the moment.

Wow!  Can you imagine pure PHP development RADstyle?

This probably needs a lot of work, but what's important now is to provide for
an infrastructure that merely allows for a plugin system, with the first
plugin being Pascal of course.

And you can probably be certain, that many will flock to provide for other
pugins.

Thanks!

--
Al