On Mon, 15 May 2006, roozbeh gholizadeh wrote:

Well.i just also saw a post on forums,somebody asking why there is no richedit components,and answers was it is not availble on other platforms?

I was wondering is it against lazarus policies to have components for specefic oses/interfaces?should everything be on whatever interface? why not having win32 component tab page with special win32 components on win32-lazarus?and same for other oses or interfaces?

Or just nobody was working on it?

AFAIK:
Nobody is working on it. But nothing prevents you from creating such a
beast, although I'm not sure it will be easy to do, because it should
respond to all kinds of LCL messages...

I also don't think such components will be included by default, since
Lazarus is meant to be cross-platform.

Michael.