בTuesday 16 May 2006 19:08, כתבת:
> On Tue, 16 May 2006 09:34:05 -0500 (CDT)
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > > Take TEdit for example, which has been extended to contain properties
> > > like the Font property.
> >
> > Ok, you were making reference to the controls design,
> > not the character enconding...
> >
> > Yes, I get, I know about OOP principles. Actually once
> > I try to make a "TFont" descendant in a visual control,
> > but It didn't allow me to replace.
> >
> > Actually, the "Font" property in visual controls,
> > as an example of composition wasn't very well design it.
>
> A font depends on its TCanvas. It's not a separate thing. That's why you
> can assign values, but not replace the class.
>
> > Properties like "BiDi" should be in the "Font" property, maybe.
>
> AFAIK you can't choose the Bidi of a font. Bidi is defined by the
> characters. An 'a' is always left-to-right, while an arabic character is
> always RTL, no matter what the font is called or setup.
> Can you define, what a BIDI property should do?

You have non printable charechters for giving rules of how the pharagraph
should be. But thats all.

Another issues are the ponctuation points, thay are reverse chars ->
located "inside" a charechter rather then a new letter.

There is no problem with right to left languages as long as there is no non
right to left language inside the pharagraph. Whenever there is one, the
problem begins. Thats where the BiDi algorithem take place...

One of the reason why I think the FriBiDI should be in use, is because it's
very stable and support 100% of the BiDi algorithem, while new implementation
will cause many problems and bugs that already been solved over the years
with FriBiDi.

> Mattias

Ido
--
Tourists -- have some fun with New York's hard-boiled cabbies.  When you get
to your destination, say to your driver, "Pay?  I was hitch-hiking."