On Tue, 16 May 2006 13:48:46 -0400
Tony Maro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Alain Michaud wrote:
> > - Mandriva works very very well with Lazrus.  On other platforms you get
> > the ugly "motif" like theme.
> >
> > It seems that the "gnome-control-center" is not connected to the theme
> > that lazarus uses. This has to do with GTK-1 GTK-2 difference, I think.
> > Those who are skilled, can play with some hidden files and configure the
> > theme in GTK-1 and get their Lazarus very clear in Suse for example.
> > (see the forum for a list of tricks)
> >
> > One solution to improve the situation (apart from switching to GKT2)
> > would be to have a small utility program that would come with the
> > lazarus package in order to set some configuration file. I don't know
> > how, but may be that would not be too difficult to write, once someone
> > knows which file is wrong.
> If someone will pin down what would need done, I would even throw it in
> a non-visual component so that it could be embedded within distributed
> applications - you wouldn't want to just do it by default, but give the
> user the option in the settings dialog or something.

Provide a nice theme. Preferable one without needing gtk-engines.
Either install the theme global: /usr/share/themes/lazarus/lazarus.gtkrc
or with the project: /path/to/application/theme.gtkrc.

In .lpr file:

uses
  Interfaces, // this includes the LCL widgetset
  Forms, Unit1,
  {$IFDEF LclGtk}
  , gtkint, interfacebase
  {$ENDIF}
  ;

begin
  {$IFDEF LclGtk}
  (WidgetSet as
TGTKWidgetSet).RCFilename:='/usr/share/themes/lazarus/lazarus.gtkrc';
  {$ENDIF}
  Application.Initialize;

Mattias