johnf wrote:
On Wednesday 17 May 2006 09:29, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

On Wed, 17 May 2006 08:25:43 -0700

johnf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Tuesday 16 May 2006 23:31, Vincent Snijders wrote:

johnf schreef:

Hi,
All the development lib's are installed.  Using the latest snapshot I
can't compile a simple project.  SUSE has always complained about
GTK+ and GDK but it still compiled.  Now with the SUSE 10.1 it really
complains when using the RPM and will not compile a simple project.
Anybody, have any work arounds for SUSE 10.1?

Can you post the exact error messages? I don't have Suse, but I might
be able to give a hint, if I see the error messages.

Vincent.

Of course I didn't provide enough info.  Lazarus runs.  It opens the
projects  and appears to edit correct, etc.....   But when I attempt to
build a project  I get the following error.
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgdk

I currently have all the development lib's installed.  In fact this is a
update install and not a fresh install of SUSE 10.1.  I still have my
SUSE

10.0 development machine and it works correctly with the snapshot.  Since
I'm  new to Linux and not really sure what "-lgdk" means I at a lost what
to do  next.  Checking YAST and looking for 'gdk' I find that the
gdk-pixbuf lib is  reported installed.

I added this message to IDE help items. It will open the wiki page:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/Linker_message:_cannot_find_-l

Actually, if you could explain what Lazarus is looking for or direct me
to a  link that explains what's happening I be happier.  I need to learn.

Mattias

I added 'Fl/opt/gnome/lib' and it does not work.

So, it seems the FAQ didn't help you.

Let's try it somewhat more structured:
Where on your system is libgdk.so?
What lines starting with -Fl are in your /etc/fpc.cfg?
Do you have a ~/.fpc.cfg?

Vincent.