> I come with a different point of view to Lazarus.  I want to build projects
> that first feed my family and second please my sense of right.

All of us who think this way should start a group/joint endeavor together
because I am
voting for the same thing, and I'm sick of all the folks out there
who have real jobs and consider programming just a game that you play on the
side. Or
worse, the folks who are in school and participate in open source projects when
they are
at school, but then as soon as they get out of school and get a real job they
ditch the
open source project that seemed so right to them in school but so wrong to them
once they
found out that family requires a real job and a real living. Or the folks who
work on an
open source project but then Microsoft contacts them and immediately they go
and work
for Microsoft (hello, Gentoo founder - sorry to insult you).

So, if anyone feels the same way, or at least you have something in common with
JohnF and
my thinking, we should joint venture, no? If this is offtopic, respond to JohnF
and me
privately maybe, and we could get something on the go.