Hi,

 This is the last message on this thread. I have found the problem... I
had a defective memory bank!

Bad chance: the deffective bank was the last one. I supose that this is
why it would only stop during the link phase (lots of memory needed?).

One interresting fact is that I had previously run a memory checking
program for 1 hour and no error were reported! Very strange!

In any case, I want to thank everyone for reading and replying to those
messages. I have been working on this since fiday. I have ruined my
week-end again...

But at least, I have now my computer running with my first device driver
working: Remember that one: I was trying to understand IOCTL. Well I
have succeeded to talk to a small board (2 DAC only, no spinlock yet).

I want to thank you for the help with this one too.

Sincerely

Alain

> > Again I always get the 'error while linking' message, but the
> > 'relocation truncated to fit' is issued on different files each time!!
>
> Either there is a out of memory problem, or your ram is faulty.

Mattias:

You were damm right...