Thanks Patrick,

I had seen that page on my search. If I am not mistaken, the custom control
will presumably have the same background fill event before you paint the star
chart? I am guessing that you have set the form's colour to black so that the
flicker on re-sizing the window is not so noticeable.

I am very impressed with Skychart by the way, it is encouraging to see such a
powerful program written using Lazarus. Also thanks for maintaining a deb
repository it does make installing apps so much easier.

Kind regards,

Paul