My mistake everyone (blush,blush). That'll serve me right to expect other people to debug my code!

While making up the test project, I found my mistake. I was trying to access a non-existent object before it was created.

My apologies to everyone. There is no problem with the stringgrid itself - in fact it works like a charm

Alex

Alex du Plessis wrote:
I'll make up a little project with the problem.  Maybe that will help

David B Copeland wrote:
Hi Alex,

I can't think of anything else without seeing more of the code. I
remember having fun (ha, ha) figuring out how to use a TStringGrid.
Maybe the problem is related to the options (all the go... options,
goEditting for example) you have selected for the grid.

Dave.