Al Boldi wrote:
Marc Weustink wrote:

Al Boldi wrote:

See the 'FPC performance profile' thread.

I reread the thread, you stated something, some other users couldn't
reproduce, so what do you expect for an answer ?

Did you try it on your system?

No, for several reasons.

1: I don't beleave in performance issues which are just a for loop
2: There was a reply that it did work
3: I read those messages at work, there I don't have fpc, so I have to test it at home. When I'm home I forget all messages read, unles important. 4: there wasn't much followup, so no further invertigations by others, so no new mail notification, so not important. 5: I don't start digging in every ussue reported at the mailinglist, unless it looks serous. I rather prefer to spend some time in developing Lazarus itself. 6: for issues like this, the first thing to do is compare the difference in generated assembler, compile witn -al
7: real issues should be reported in Mantis.

Also, I have another case involving TStringList which exhibits the same problem.

Examples, testcases and proof.

Marc