2006/7/17, Mattias Gaertner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
You are a mouse user, aren't you?

No, I'm using the keyboard much mode of the time. But When I do form
design, I use the mouse. When I have too many pages opened, so that
Alt+[1..0] are not enought, I do use the mouse to get the tab I
desire. -- In fact I hate wasting my time with the mouse, but when my
had is already on it...

You chose the page with the mouse. Others rarely use the mouse and switch
between the pages with (shift-)ctrl+Tab. It would be quite annoying, if for
moving from page 1 to 5 I get 4 history entries. Think about editing, moving
to another page, editing, moving to another page, editing and my history is
gone, filled with page moves. Or think about controls.pp with its include
files. Just browsing through the code, by using Ctrl-Shift-Down results in
jumping very often between two pages.

If you want that feature, then add an editor option, so that people can
enable it, if they want.

I see what you mean. I did not test to that point. This is
unfortunate. Adding a browsing point should be more brilliant in this
case: an history simplifier would remove duplicated group entries...
for now only groups of two would be required.

[p3][p1][p2][p1][p2][p3][p2] would become [p3][p1][p2][p3]

So after writing a new entry, we could run the simplification
algorythm. But again the problem is not that simple, because the caret
position would be different.

What about this approach? When to do about cursor positionning; should
we ignore: that would solve the problem; because the goal is mainly
page browsing... only the last position could be kept?

[p3][p1.1][p2.1][p1.2][p2.2][p3][p2] where the .1/.2 represent caret
position would give after simplification: [p3][p1.2][p2.2][p3][p2]

--
Alexandre Leclerc