I have some problems with lazarus 0.9.17-beta which is used with fpc 2.1.1-20060702-x86_64.
System: AMD64 1 GB sufficient diskspace, linux 2.6.17-1.2157_FC5.
I have installed lazarus as root.
1. I can load and run an example (addressbook), however, only when I start lazarus as root.
In an user account, lazarus starts but gives a lot of errors from which an example is:
TPkgManager.GetWritablePkgOutputDirectory APackage=RunTimeTypeInfoControls 0.1 AnOutDirectory="/home/joep/.lazarus/lib/RunTimeTypeInfoControls/x86_64-linux"
and it ends with:
TApplication.HandleException: there was another exception during showing the first exception
lazarus.pp - unhandled exception
and the program exits.
2. In both situations I cannot drag an icon (like Tbutton, or TLabel) to the Form window as all helptexts are striked-out like Selecttool or Tbutton or Tlabel .
I'm sorry to use HTML but that's the only way to show what I mean.
I would like to use a proper release of lazarus but this version was the only one that worked with the snapshot fpc. I recently obtained fpc 2.0.4 but I don;t know if there is a lazarus version already available for this release.
Sorry for the long E-mail.
Joep