Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> > > Hmmm, I thought windows could handle this if the size field is set
> > > correctly?
> > >

> > I thought it as well but the reality is different. Windows can handle only
> > if
> > you use old (smaller) structure in new Windows version but using newer
> > (bigger) structure in older version leads to ignore the command where this
> > structure is used.
>
> So, but it is not actually a bug ? It just means that the command is not
> executed
> on older windows version ?
>
> If this is correct:
>
> This is a programmer's or Windows API error, then. The programmer should know
> that
> he cannot use the newer command/arguments on an old windows; The headers are
> correct,
> though; They conform to the latest Windows.

Could this possibly depend on the version of comctl32.dll or similar?

One thing I'd throw in is that speaking as somebody who's running no MS OSes
later than NT and who doesn't write for or support external users I wouldn't
really miss the pretty pictures next to the menu text. What would be useful
however is some sort of visual indication that clicking on a menu entry will put
a tick/check mark next to it- is this doable?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk