Am Montag, den 11.09.2006, 09:39 +0700 schrieb Colin Lehmann:
> Onjahyr wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > It installs the package of its distribution. GLib is an installation
> > package, after you installing, continues with the installation of the
> > Lazarus.

[...]

> Are you saying the Lazarus installation is supposed to install the glib
> package? Why then does it say it can't find it?

Glib itself is part of GTK+ and has to be installed in the system before
lazarus. Lazarus only brings in pascal bindings for GTK and GLIB.

Please check if your os has a gtk installation of the right version (1.2
or 2.x) and verify that "libglibxxx.so is in place:

$ locate libglib
/usr/local/lib/libglib-2.0.a
/usr/local/lib/libglib-2.0.so
/usr/local/lib/libglib-2.0.so.600
/usr/local/lib/libglib12.a
/usr/local/lib/libglib12.so
/usr/local/lib/libglib12.so.3

You see I have installed both versions in parallel, they don't bite each
other.

On some distributions you may have to install the "devel"-type packages
of GTK to get the programmers header files in place (not sure if that is
necessary for using from pascal).

For the lazarus side of things you can check if the binding ppu is in
place, that is the sources are translated and linkable from lazarus:

$ find ~/fpc-2.0.2/ -name "glib.ppu"
/home/marc/fpc-2.0.2/lib/fpc/2.0.2/units/i386-freebsd/gtk/glib.ppu

Replace "~/fpc-2.0.2/" with the path you extracted or checked out
lazarus to.

The source is there for recompilatione, too:

$ find ~/fpc-2.0.2/ -name "glib.pp"
/home/marc/fpc-2.0.2/share/src/fpc-2.0.2/packages/extra/gtk/glib/glib.pp

HTH,
Marc