Hi,

I tried using Lazarus to convert a Windows bitmap to Windows ico file on Linux.

My Lazarus is from revision 9918 using FPC 2.0.4 .

I did it as following:
procedure TForm1.Button1Click ( Sender: TObject ) ;
var
 Icon_   : TIcon;
 Bitmap : TBitmap;
begin
 Icon_  := TIcon.Create;
 Bitmap := TBitmap.Create;
Bitmap.LoadFromFile('/home/ik/Desktop/beer.bmp');
Icon_.Width := 32;
Icon_.Height := 32;
Icon_.Canvas.Draw(0,0, Bitmap);
 Icon_.SaveToFile('/home/ik/Desktop/beer.ico');
Icon_.Free;
Bitmap.Free;
end;

By reading the content in Hex edit, it seems that the only thing that
changed was color range to 8 bit (16 colors).

So, am I doing something wrong, or is that a bug, or I'm missing something ?

Thanks,

Ido