"

> > > Enabling the statement logging in postgres doesn't help in this case,
> > > because the
> > > sql command is not recognised at all,  and therefore it doesn't show
> > > up in the log.
>
> > It's more then 132 characters long, so it should be in the log?
> The size is not important. I meant that i've configured postgres to
> write in the log
> all the queries that are executed, for debugging. Yet,  the query
> which generates
> the error is not recognized as a query at all,  and only the error
> appears in the
> log.

Can't you specify to log all the commands which are sent?

This is precisely what I've tried.  All the other statements are
written in postgres's
log, but the query we are talking about is not logged. Apparently it is
very broken and parsing it fails at a very early stage , therefore PostgreSQL
doesn't consider it to be a statement .

> > Since it's with applyupdates. The SQL is probably parsed incorrectly.
> > You can look what the updatequery.sql, modifyquery.sql etc. are. Maybe
> > that that already reviels the problem.
>
> I'm afraid that i still don't understand how can I see those queries.
>  What/where
> are  the update.sql, modifyquery.sql  that you are referring to?

Seems that they aren't public.

What you could do: compile the sqldb-unit with debuginfo and place a
breakpoint on line 1181. And then take a look at qry.sql.text. Or simply
place a 'writeln(qry.sql.text);' on that line. Recompile fpc and try
again...

I was hoping that recompiling sqldb wasn't neccessary .  But if there's no
other way ...

Thanks Joost !

Adrian Maier