Before I dig in and spend a lot of time trying to figure out what's
going on here, I thought I'd save the legwork ask to see if someone
else has tried to do this.

My question: will the TMySQL50Connection component work with a MySQL
5.1 (I think I'm running the 5.1.11 beta) server?

I modified the example at
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/MySQLDatabases to use a
MySQL50Connection object. It looks like I can connect to the database,
but when the demo tries to do the "show databases" query, I get an
error from MySql which says "You have an error in your SQL syntax;
check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the
right syntax to use near '' at line 1". I turned on debugging in the
MySQL source and found that the demo first executes a "show databases"
query, which executes correctly, but then tries to execute the
somewhat dubious query "show index from" without specifying a database
or table name. This is the query that's causing it to return the
error. I looked in my code and couldn't find the "show index from"
query anywhere, so it must be coming from the component itself, right?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Seth Grover

--
Seth Grover
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I'm a driver, I'm a winner. Things are going to change, I can feel it.