> > Maybe Lazarus can copy some stuff from that project?
>
> There are hundreds of other open source IDEs, we are all
> already aware of that.
>
> If you have some specific need Lazarus does not attend, or
> something that it could attend better, and Ganbas does it,
> then we can talk about this specific feature. And even then,
> consulting how several other projects solve the problem would
> be better then looking at only one other project.

The page I found it mentioned was one that was speaking of Visual
Development on Linux (compared to VB on Windows) and didn't mention Lazarus
at all (only some replies to that topic mentioned it, but they forgot to
post a URL). From the image they had there about Gambas it looked more
appealing than Lazarus (for example when you launch Lazarus [if you don't
tell it to open something], is there option to autostart with the File/New
dialog? [that should be the default option and have checkbox to not show
that at start again]).

What I mean is that Pascal is almost as easy as Basic to use (apart from
VB's With and Case which are better in my opinion, or ForEach which is
missing), and isn't case-sensitive as C/C++/Java/C#/etc. and is
natural-language friendly (not have to learn some strange symbols and how to
put them together to author a program as in some well-known scripting
languages), so it's either that Lazarus is missing some IDE touches to make
it more appealing to newcomers, or that it needs more/better PR (e.g. try to
post nice screenshots of it to such net discussions that newbies [esp.
interested in university students] may come across while searching for what
IDE to use)

  _____

Virus Database (VPS): 0651-0, 27/11/2006
Tested on: 1/12/2006 3:12:43 ??