Michael Van Canneyt schreef:

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

On 11/30/06, Marc Santhoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Ah, yes, I remember. My first thought was to replace fpc with a batch
file, but I didn't try.
Doesn´t need to be a batch file. Can be an executable. And you can
change the path to fpc executable on Lazarus IDE to point to your
bat/exe, so you don´t have to really replace fpc.

This could be a easy solution.

your preprocessor could check if the file being compiled has .tpp
extension, and if so preprocess it and send to fpc. If not, send
directly to fpc.

The problem is not so easy:
the fpc commandline has only the project file on it.

But the project contains many units, which are not specified on the commandline, therefore the batchfile does not know which files to preprocess. The compiler will only use .pp or .pas.

That is why I said that only the IDE 'knows' which files must be
preprocessed and which not, and they must all be preprocessed
before the compiler is invoked. You will not solve this with
a simple pre-compile command without additional IDE functionality.

That depends on the intelligence of the precompiler.

I imagine something like
mypp myproject.lpi

it reads the project file and preprocesses all project files.

Vincent