Funky Beast wrote:

Anyone know which file that is defined in or what a better way of switching this would be? I hate to change the lazarus.pp file permanently.

You might find useful information here:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Faq#Lazarus_crashes_with_runtime_error_211_after_I_installed_a_component

Excellent. That wiki is deceptively fruitful. A quick search could have saved me about 30 minutes poking around in the source.

I originally throught that the UIB component source didn't have cthreads declared correctly and looked around there for a bit. Luckily I was to run lazarus out of a term window and saw the dump when laz couldn't start indicating the cthreads error in lazarus.pp.

Thanks for the link and the help.

--

Warm Regards,

Lee