Hello Vincent,

Your solution to initialize the size of the ImageBitmap does solve the problem my example code showed, but this unfortunately does not help the code I'm actually having problems with. I guess it wasn't a very good example. What I'm trying to do is to convert some Delphi ProgressBar components. After the usual changes, the code of these compiles fine, but there is problems with the display of the bar, bar background and bar text. As best as I can determine it's because these components use two or three bitmaps to do the tricks, but Lazarus's handling of TBitmap is different from that of Delphi, other bitmaps in the component don't show. Maybe someone has a an easy work around, but ideally Lazarus would work the same as Delphi in bitmap handling IMO.

Regards,
George