Dave Coventry schreef:
Dependency Hell!

I can't actually find any glib library files. There are a lot of C header files in /usr/include/glib-2.0/, but no *.so or *.a files.

What I'm doing is installing the latest Gentoo ebuild (currently lazarus-0.9.12, masked out as 'untested') which will, hopefully, sort out the required dependencies; something which is one of Gentoo's strengths. But it's taking an awful long time (one of Gentoo's weaknesses).

Once that's done, I will look at reinstalling the svn.

I've just noticed that Portage is installing fpc-2.0.2. I believe that the current stable version of fpc is 2.0.4, so it looks as though I'll have to sort that out as well.

The problem with gentoo is that it dropped support for gtk1 and lazarus in its default installation depends on it. That may be why there is no recent version of lazarus. Older version depend on fpc 2.0.4.

Vincent