On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 08:52 +0200, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> > The current problem is that it only is usable for daemons & long running
> > programs with a patched 2.0.2 compiler (TDatasat Datetime patch)
>
> Can you explain this a bit more?  Why only usable for daemons and long
> running programs?

There's a memleak in 2.0.4 regarding interfaces, which are heavily used
by ZEOS. So if you need to run for a long time (like daemons,) 2.0.4
isn't stable enough. 2.0.2 is stable in this aspect, but it has more
TDataset-bugs, for which one they suggest to patch.

> I'm currently merging and testing the ZeosLib persistence layer for
> the TechInsite tiOPF framework. Currently only against Firebird DB,
> but as soon as it passes all the unit tests, I'll start adding support
> for the other DB's as well.

I've been thinkink about using tiOPF for a project at work. But for that
I have to change it so that it can use SQLDB. That can't be that hard,
so maybe I\m gonna help you there.

Joost.