>       let me ask you a few questions:
>       are you still using 1.44 floppies?
>       are you sending compiled execs 20 times a day via 56k
> modem connection?
>       no? then why 1 or 2 mb bigger is so bad for you?
>       btw, delphi is NOT multiplatform. whant smaller exec
> linux+windows?
>       buy delphi, buy kylix, have a hard time porting
> everything and tuning
>       everything to work similar.
>       size is a cost of multiplatform and RAD+functionality power.
>       enough arguments? or should i add more?
>

> I can't say anything.

I know this is an old thread, but regarding Delphi silly .exe bloating, for
command-line apps, if you removed some units like forms or sysutils and uses
windows unit (and respective API - even for just one call to MessageBox
instead of ShowMessage) the .EXE would become say 50kb instead of 500kb.
Pretty crazy, maybe fixed at versions after Delphi7 (had told Borland guys
about it). Either the compiler didn't remove unused classes/code (in favor
of RTTI and dynamic stuff or something?) or it was some resources linked in.

In some case I had found that moving such units from interface to
implementation section at my units that the project was using it made the
size much smaller for the .exe

----------------
George Birbilis ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Computer & Informatics Engineer
Microsoft MVP J# for 2004-2007
Borland "Spirit of Delphi"
3D, QuickTime, QTVR, Java, Delphi,
ActiveX, .NET components, Robotics
http://www.kagi.com/birbilis
http://birbilis.spaces.live.com

  _____

Virus Database (VPS): 0703-0, 13/01/2007
Tested on: 17/1/2007 5:15:23 ??