Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007, Tiziano_mk wrote:

(note: Issuing commands to OpenOffice can be easily done with Delphi, this is
explained in the OpenOffice SDK, but it uses the Uno OLE automation bridge.
Since OLE and COM is not available in other platforms, FPC doesn't support
them, so, this approach is not available for it)

OLE and COM are supported in FPC, but only on Windows. So in theory you
can automate OOo directly on Windows.
not in FPC 2.0.4, AFAIK, which is the current release.
I think you are talking of FPC 2.1.x.

IMHO a OOo interface should use OLE/COM on windows, and any other means
(for example python) on other platforms. Although I think that if python
can call openoffice, FPC should be able to do the same.
It's true, in fact pyuno is a DLL/so that implements a bridge on the OO
UNO APIs, but I have no idea how it works...

tiziano