On 1/31/07, Marc Weustink <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thinking of it, isn't the dock comparable to the taskbar/quicklaunch ?
So showing it there is already something the user decides.

Yes, but we need to provide a menu for the Dock. Windows/Linux apps
don´t provide themselves the menu for the taskbar.

If the trayicon abstracts the Dock, we have a kind of cross-platform
way to deal with it.

If you need a dock menu, but not a tray icon on other platforms, put
ifdefs around the code that shows trayicon. It´s a lot less
platform-dependent code then implementing a dock menu on Carbon
yourself. And we would probably need a component to abstract the Dock
anyway.

So I think the trayicon should be implemented as menuicon, whith the
constraint that it is default off and only can be shown after configured
by the user.

ummm ... not sure what you mean by off by default. The trayicon is the
only way to interact with some software, like the magnifier for
example, so it must be on after it is executed.

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho