[..]

> 1. Add files to packager/globallinks/ for glscene and indy (easy).
> 2. Setup the ~/.lazarus/staticpackages.inc (easy)

Not really, because there is not only the added package, but also the
auto-compiled dependent packages and the packages compiled during make
bigide.

> 3. Setup the ~/.lazarus/idemake.cfg (this is the difficult part)
>
> 1. is needed, so the IDE can find the non lazarus .lpk files.
> 2. is needed for static packages. There is some progress in dynamic
> packages for windows and linux, but I don't know when it will be
> complete enough. So we have to live with static packages for now.
> 3. These are the compiler parameters, mainly the ppu search paths. If
> you have a fixed list, you can copy it and adjust the paths. If you
> want a generic solution, extend lazbuild.

I gave up on extending lazbuild, because I just didn't have the time to
understand how the IDE creates those files (staticpackages.inc,
idemake.cfg, miscellaneousoptions.xml ..). It seems to be highly
entangled in the IDE/GUI (e.g. doing stuff in application.OnIdle)

> > Then finally try to create a lazarus rpm containing these
> > additional components.

For now, I managed to build a lazarus rpm, which at least contains
everything I need: After installing this rpm, I can use lazbuild to
compile my GUI/Indy/GLScene apps without starting the IDE at all.
When starting the IDE, I can simply select the desired packages from
"Availabel packages" and rebuild the IDE ..

Details/spec-file on request ..

regards,
 Burkhard