And thus is the problem with trying to internationalize a software product where data, in text format, can be passed back and forth easily.

The space character for a date separator is not part of the enumerated set. It is '-' or '/' for the short date format.

With international correspondence, the official date format is usually DD MMM YYYY when using English. But the short date format is one of the following:

DD-MM-YYYY
MM-DD-YYYY
YYYD-MM-DD

where the separator is a '-' or '/'.

To eliminate this problem in Windows and Delphi I normally read the DateSeperator and ShortDateFormat and save them to a temporary variable, Change the separator to a '/' and set the short date format to mm-dd-yyyy. Once the program exits, I restore the DateSeperator and ShortDateFormat globals.

Jeff Steinkamp - N7YG
Tucson, AZ
SCUD Missile Coordinates
N32-13-55.01 W110-50-51.91
http://n7yg.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~jksteinkamp
Linux User #420428
Skype : jeff.steinkamp

Beware the man who can't be bothered with details.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Van Canneyt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>