On 3/1/07, Pieter Valentijn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I agree that when you can you should use TDateTime but there are cases
where string presentation for storage is needed. Lets say we make a
export / import function in a CSV file.

There needs to be a contract on how to store dates (and numbers for that
sake) that is the same.

Exactly!  :-)
The system I worked on in the UK had a module that makes or receives
payments via a  message (text) file.  Those messages come and go
directly to banks.  You wouldn't believe the amount of different date
formats where uses and all those banks where based in the UK!

--
Graeme Geldenhuys

There's no place like S34° 03.168'  E018° 49.342'