On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 00:06:04 +0100
Marc Weustink <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 8 Mar 2007, Joost van der Sluis wrote:
> >
> >> I've isolated the problem. It occurs when inherited TDataModules
> >> are in one file. According to Jesus Reyes (on IRC) did Mattias say
> >> that this was on purpose.
> >>
> >> That means that Lazarus doesn't work right with the current
> >> version of fcl-web. So do I have to split up fcl-web into somewhat
> >> like 40 files, or is there another/better way to solve this?
> >
> > I had it initially working without this problem.
> > Why would having inherited TDatamodules in 1 file generate
> > problems ?

Can you send me an example?

> afaik, the limitation was only to have one desinged form per unit.
> IMO, this does not mean that derived forms (if they are not designed)
> cannot be there.

Correct.
Every unit can have only one designable component (e.g. form,
datamodule).
You can derive a designable component and put this descendant into a
unit with a designable component. But then you can not design this
derived class nor any descendant.

> iow, you cannot have a TForm1 = class(TForm) and a TForm2 =
> class(TForm) in one unit and desing them both.
>
> (I don't see a reason for this limitation, except that F12 might get
> confused)

Yes. And 'save' and 'save as'.

> > That would mean that TForm/TCustomform descendents would also not
> > work, and they at least used to work; I wrote articles about that,
> > demonstrating how to use it ?
> >
> > Has the IDE behaviour changed in this regard ?
>
> Not that I know. Mattias knows better.

There was a change:
It is now allowed to derive from a component which has no .lfm file.

Mattias