On 3/29/07, Adrian Maier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
1)It is possible to run any of those editors from within a Lazarus application,
as separate processes.

That wouldn't be a problem, yes.

2)OpenOffice can be run as a server that waits for connections and can
communicate with other programs. I have seen a Java application that
was batch processing documents in several steps : one of those steps
was to use OpenOffice for converting from doc to xml  .
So,  in theory it should be possible for a Lazarus application to do the same
thing and communicate with OpenOffice through sockets .   I don't know exactly
how much of OpenOffice's  functionality is available for the programs that are
connecting to it.

OOo has Java and C++ support as well as scripting even for VB syntax
but no pascal or plain C, i have no idea how the protocol looks like.

3)As far as i know, it is not possible to embed MS Office through OLE
(it's not crosss-platform...).

Win only is enough for now but Lazarus doesn't support ActiveX (COM)

Razvan