Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:
> On 4/2/07, Florian Klaempfl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Having native controls is simply something people request. Just try to
>> convince somebody to use a Qt or GTK application on Windows or MacOS.
>> They will tell you always it looks and behaves strange. Consistent
>
> Getting a native look is easy. QThemes (or something like that) was a
> add on unit for CLX which could make a Kylix application look exactly
> like XP (blue and silver themes) and exactly like a few GTK themes.

Maybe on the first glance, but you usually discover very quickly that an
application is not native either because of the behaviour or because you
don't use a standard theme.

Don't get me wrong: native widget support and own drawn widgets are
simply something different. Some people want native widgets others don't
care. The same applies to vcl compatibility: some people want it others
don't care. Lazarus went probably the hard way (native controls and vcl
compatibility) because this is what the most users want but I think user
drawn controls would be a valuable contribution to lazarus especially
because you could create applications with very little external
dependencies.