Tom Verhoeff wrote:
I have some students who are trying to complete the Delphi 6
Text Editor tutorial using Lazarus.  See e.g. Chapter 4 of

        <http://www.win.tue.nl/~hemerik/2IP20/Doc/Qs.pdf>

They run into some problems.  E.g. Lazarus apparently does not
(yet) have ActionManagers.  Hence, also the configuration of
standard actions like Cut/Copy/Paste is not a matter of a few clicks.

How hard is it to do this "yourself" (i.e. not using an ActionManager,
write the necessary code)?  Note that TAction and a number of related
facilities are available in Lazarus.

Yes, actionmanagers at one time were introduced in Delphi. I've never taken the time to figure out what I can do with them and why they are usefull. So, if someone can give a brief clue, they might get added to Lazarus someday.

Marc