1.  Is Delphi 4 PHP a product for just Delphi, or can Lazarus use it as
well?
Delphi 4 PHP is a product of CodeGear (Borland), the framework is VCL4PHP (
sourceforge.net/products/vcl4php)
2.  What exactly does it do?  Something akin to the .NET components?
Is a serie of units wirten in JS(quoxxdo) and PHP, that mimic the VCL (sorry
my pour english) for write web applications
3.  What are its advantages?
the language? PHP
the familiarity of the VCL?
I don't know. The framework is open source.
Is multiplatform.
4.  What are its disadvantages?
the language? PHP
the familiarity of the VCL?
I don't know, too.

I admit that I haven't kept up with this as much as I should, but I have
a few questions, and if somebody can provide me with a link I am
certainly grateful.