On 4/23/07, Jesus Reyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thanks, I applied the patch with some modifications in r10989.

Excellent, I'll get a update tomorrow...and look at the modifications.

> * BUG fix: clicking outside the cell range doesn't cause the cell
> focus to change (delphi compatible)

Ok I can understand this one as a feature that you might want the
focus to change to the closest cell...

> * Setting Row or Col out of range raises an "Grid index out of
> range."
> error and doesn't change the cell focus. (delphi compatible).  See
> note below!

Not raising a 'Grid index out of range' when setting the Row or Col to
an invalid value is maybe not such a good idea.  The grid could only
contain 3 columns, but the developer could set Col = 15 and never get
any feedback that there was a problem (not enough columns).  Why would
you want that as accepted behavior?

want to improve delphi compatibility I added a public property
AllowOutboundEvents. Set this to false and it will be more strict,
delphi compatible.

Thanks, this is a good idea.

> * MouseToGridZone - added Begin..End pairs to improve clarity to
> you can actually see what if/else fits where.

Sorry, I removed some begin..end as I really don't see any clarity
improvement.

No problem.  Maybe it's just me that can't see the flow of so many
nested if/else statements  without begin..end blocks.
Though from a design point of view, I would say that that section of
code is what you call a 'bad smell' (quote from Kent Beck -
Test-Driven Development).  :-)
Having so many if/else statements can't be the best design - though to
be fair I can see an immediate alternative.

code is written with "if stuff then begin" so at the moment, this is
prefered. Maybe in future all Lazarus code will adopt a single Code
convention?, don't know.

That is always a problem with Open Source software.  So many
developers have different coding styles.

--
Graeme Geldenhuys

There's no place like S34° 03.168'  E018° 49.342'