On 4/29/07, Vincent Snijders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Why did you use the {} symbols in comment selection. The current
implementation adds // and comments the complete line. You may consider
this a limitation, that you cannot just comment a word, but if you use
// in the icon, it wouldn't raise false expectations.

The {} are well know comment symbols, even though the Lazarus
implementation uses the // symbols.  The actual reason for using the
{} is so I can use the same image style for Uncomment.  Braces with a
line though it.  I thought it would look really strange having ///
(the // comment with a red /). The other option was the // symbols
with a \ line through them, but the braces with a / line just looked
better.

If you or anyone else can come up with another idea for any of the
images, please mention them.  Sometimes it is quite hard coming up
with ideas for images representing a specific IDE function. ;-)

The save-all icon seems smaller than the save icon? Why isn't it the
same size?

Again, only having 16 pixel to play with is damn hard!! :-)  I
couldn't fit 3 of the Save image (one diskette) in a 16 pixel block.
The only alternative was to shrink the diskette so I could stack 3 of
them. The other problem was stacking the 3 diskettes evenly (which
gave it a better look), so again the size of a single diskette had to
be adjusted, which lead to 1 blank pixel on each side open. The other
option could be to trim the Save and Save As images slightly, to not
make the size difference that obvious.
If anybody has another idea for representing the Save All function, I
am more than willing to tweak the image or design a new one.

I'm not totally happy with all the images I submitted though.  So as
soon as I have created the rest of the missing ones, I will rework
some of them again. For example, I'm not 100% happy with the UpperCase
& LowerCase images. They don't look clear enough.  Also the Comment
and Uncomment images are a bit to fuzzy (out of focus) compared to the
others.

--
Graeme Geldenhuys

There's no place like S34° 03.168'  E018° 49.342'