Ah, that's interesting. I hadn't yet tried it with GTK2.

Thanks for the input.

-Seth

On 5/11/07, Mattias Gaertner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Fri, 11 May 2007 11:03:16 -0600
"Seth Grover" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> A month ago I reported a LCL bug causing a crash in GTK.
>
> http://freepascal.org/mantis/view.php?id=8610
>
> Since it hadn't been looked at by any of the developers yet, I wanted
> to try to see if I could figure out if there was some obvious problem.
>
> I can tell the bug is in SendSizeNotificationToLCL from the stack
> trace, but I don't know how to actually debug down into the lcl code.
> The last place the debugger lets me debug down to is the
> gtk_notebook_insert_page_menu call in TGtkWSCustomNotebook.AddPage.
>
> Can anyone with more experience coding the LCL tell me how to actually
> be able to debug down into the code I need to look at, or (even
> better), take a look at fixing this bug?

I tested the example given in the bug report.
With gtk2 I get a different error:

(project1:28153): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_realize: assertion
`GTK_WIDGET_ANCHORED (widget) || GTK_IS_INVISIBLE (widget)' failed
ERROR in LCL: TGtkWidgetSet.CreateDCForWidget: Unable to realize GdkWindow

and a long stack trace.

The reason is, that TOvcVirtualListBox is trying to get the
Canvas.TextHeight during creation, before the widget is associated
with a screen - before the LCL has added the notebook page handle to
the notebook handle.

Possible solution:
a) Improve TNoteBook to create/add the page handle in one step.
b) Change TOvcVirtualListBox to init later.

Mattias

Seth Grover
sethdgrover[at]gmail[dot]com
http://grovers.us/seth