View mapc.png

2007/5/12, Mattias Gaertner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
On Sat, 12 May 2007 16:18:42 +0300
ik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> GTK1.2 does not support Unicode and UTF8 charset at all, only latin1.

Where did you get this information?
Gtk2 only supports UTF-8, while GTK1.2 only supports the current
characterset (e.g. UTF-8 or ISO).
The LCL gtk (1+2) intf only work correctly with UTF-8.
The LCL gtk intf does not yet support typing combined characters for
custom controls like TSynEdit, but it supports copying them and native
controls like TEdit and TComboBox supports typing combined characters.
But gtk2 supports more much language specific things than gtk1.

> And AFAIK it's deprecated and not under development anymore.
>
> Ido
>
> On 5/12/07, Luis R. Hilario B. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > 2007/5/12, ik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have few questions for you :
> > > 1. What UTF (7,8,16,32) ?
> > UTF8?
> >
> > > 2. What font are you using to display, and what GUI toolkit
> > > (GTK1.2,QT, GTK2 ...) ?
> > > 3. What is the GUI toolkit that your lazarus is using (same as
> > > the above) ?
> > GTK1
> > > 4. How did you add the char, and what is it's type (Char, String,
> > > WideString, AnsiString) ?
> >
> > Label1.Caption := 'Â(c) <-Visible - (c)<-No visible';

Seems to work here. Can you provide a zipped example, so that the mail
does not mangle the characters?

Mattias