* Flávio Etrusco wrote, On 21/05/07 22:44:
> On 5/21/07, Lepidosteus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> One thing I dislike is the poor abstract implementation. I don't see
>> one good reason to let abstract class be instantiated...
>>

> Totally agreed.
> And I'd like it so much if FPC would allow one to declare a class
> 'abstract' even if it didn't contain abstract methods...
>
> Final methods and readonly/final members would also be sooo nice ;-)
They would be a wicket sin.

I had so much trouble in the Delphi 1 days because so many VCL methods
were needlessly declared "private" instead of protected.

I found hacks round it, of course, but the priorities of the
component-set developer often don't match those of the user who is also
a developer.  private and final are a usually poor substitute for
respect and good communication.

Sam